Thursday, November 23, 2006

Squash And Apple Soup



This soup was so easy to make, it's insane. First, caramelize 1 cup of chopped leeks. (Use only the white part---that's 3 leeks...)



Then I caramelized some butternut squash in EVO oil. To make things easy, I bought the squash already peeled and cut from Whole Foods Market. That made it painfully easy! Then add a little soup stock to finish cooking the squash. This time, I also added one big apple. After everything is fork tender, I processed the leek-squash-apple mixture in my Cuisinart. I already had some free range chicken stock in a soup pot and all I had to do was add the processed mixture. Add spices of your choice. I added 1/4 cup of maple syrup, ground white pepper, sea salt, and a little cumin and nutmeg. Then I creamed it with half and half. Correct seasonings before you serve. Everybody loved it!


No comments: