Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Overwhelmed.... Again


All my children will be home today. I am so excited. But overwhelmed. I just finished my fifth load of laundry and I'm not done! I had 7 college students, 3 boys and 4 girls over the weekend. I set up 3 aerobeds, 1 trundle bed and 2 beds. Yesterday, I deflated all the aerobeds, stripped all the beds and laundered loads of sheets, blankets, towels and quilts. Egadz. My back is sore. I also put together a brand new portable playpen/changing table/bassinet all by myself. Then I unpacked a spankin' new LCD television/DVD player combination. Got that baby hooked up good. The most challenging task was, amazingly, installing my new Mighty Mouse wireless Mac Mouse. Turns out my OS needs updating to install the extra features. Nevertheless, this new mouse works like a charm. I love the tiny, scrolly wheel. What's next in my list? Yikes. I am exhausted.



Today, I have a long list of groceries to pick up. I am going to start cooking for Thanksgiving today. I am making it easy. Turkey will be brined tomorrow and then stashed in the roaster early Thursday morning. Yams will be mashed, prepared and ready for the oven. Fruit salad will be in the fridge. Squash will be processed and ready to be made into bisque on Thursday. I am going to boil the potatoes already so all we have to do is smash it on Thursday. Pies have been ordered. Ice cream in the freezer. Breads will be picked up from the bakery on Wednesday. I am setting the table on Wednesday night. It'll be good.



Then on Thursday, after the meal is over, I am going to sit and crash and watch foreign movies with the kids. Clean-up....not for me. I'll leave that up to everybody else. And then soak in the joy of being together. Good plan.



I'll make sure I take pictures. Right now, I need another xanax. I think I dreamed yesterday happened.



No comments: