Wednesday, December 03, 2008

HE WAS ALWAYS THERE

I've had a love-hate relationship with seminary especially these past few weeks now. I am always exhilarated after class and then by around 4pm, I am simply stressed-out about the next day's lesson and having to top the one I just gave that morning. I think I am such an obsessive person about whatever task I decide I am going to dedicate my attention to that I simply don't have the gene instruction that tells me when I can stop. I obsess about everything and if there's 24 hours in a day to prepare, I'll use ALL those hours until I am exhausted and I STILL don't think I did enough. Yes, I am a compulsive, obsessive, addicted personality. I wish I could just say: Ya. That's all I need to do to prepare for that lesson. But that's so half-assed that I just can NOT do it. (Do I sound like a seminary teacher?) I need a pill to make me chill.

Today, the lesson was on Luke 19:29+ which talks about Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem on what was to be the beginning of his last week on earth as a mortal being. I had a great idea: to meld 2 different video experiences. The first video showed 6 minutes of the Saviour Series which was made by a non-denominational group called "The Genesis Project" which the CES used years ago. It's very well made but the VHS images were very degraded. So I took just that part and then melded it with another video that I made. I took some scenes from an obscure movie called "King of Kings" of the exact same event, edited it (lots of extraneous non-Bible stuff going on there...) and then added some more clips to show that Christ was all along always there to make us "whole"--from the beginning when he was known as "Jehovah" maker of heaven and earth, to the beginning of his last week, then his resurrection and appearance in the latter days to the young Joseph Smith. What I wanted to show is that he is the same person from thousands of years past, to the times of his mortal ministry...until this present day, he was just always there to heal us and make us whole. And yet again, he is STILL here with us. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. And we can always count on Him.

Here's the second half of that video that I put together. There was definitely a very sweet Spirit in class today and many eyes were wet as we watched together and remembered him.


No comments: