Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dis and Dat


DIS AND DAT

Having a child graduate valedictorian from a very demanding school is every Filipino mother's dream. But I didn't really give this much gravitas because of the fact that being valedictorian doesn't necessarily mean that you are the smartest of the smarts. It just means that you worked hard to fulfill the requirements necessary to be valedictorian which is no small feat either. But for Hannah, it was something that she decided she would accomplish from the time she was in junior high...and she did. That is commendable because when Hannah decides to do something, she does really does. That's just the way she is. And I am in awe of her.

Tonight is honors night at the high school and she and a few others will be feted. (She will receive a full tuition plus books scholarship at BYU.) Before the ceremony, she gets to play piano for the last time with the jazz band. Frankly, I am looking forward to that more than the ceremony itself. Her piano playing has progressed exponentially and it's such a pleasure to listen to her improv.

I am looking forward to next weekend when the rest of the kids plus Lucy finally come home. Jordan will still be in London but we get to see him in only three weeks! I'm so excited to make the trip. I really need to plan and map out each day that we will be in London and Berlin. I have yet to do that.

My Mac powerbook arrived today...so did Hannah's. I just barely opened the box and I'm so excited to finally have something to work with when I go to the office.

Saw The Painted Veil for the first time last night. I SO enjoyed the movie. It was based on a novel with the same title written by Somerset Maugham. The performances were stellar and wow....Edward Norton is fabulous. There are several scenes that were just genius and the music was superb. I downloaded the French lullaby that plays at the end of the movie called A La Claire Fountain and began learning the lyrics. This will greatly enhance my study of French. I think learning some simple songs will help tremendously.




No comments: