Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I AM INLOVE!

I AM INLOVE!

Early yesterday morning, Leland called to tell us that Catherine was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart and that he was in fact, running from his office on campus back to their apartment. That was at about 8:15am Cal/Nev time. We were all still asleep having had a very eventful Sunday---what with Natascha leaving to go back to Provo to continue with her college studies. I rallied everybody and told them we were all making the 6 hour trip to Provo, Utah! Kurt, unfortunately, had already left earlier for a trial that would last two days. So, Jordan, Hannah and I loaded the car and hurried to Utah. Lucy Diane Faux was born that evening just a couple of hours after we arrived. She weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and is 19.5 inches long. She is BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT in every way. I completely lost it when I looked at her just an hour old, in my arms with her eyes wide open already observing the world with obvious curiosity. A GENIUS! A BEAUTY! A GORGEOUS PERFECT CREATURE! I don't know, I think I am gushing. We just arrived a few hours ago and we will be making the trip back up in 2 days. Hannah starts her senior year of high school tomorrow morning. I am exhausted and haven't slept a wink---my mind running wildly all night. Catherine looked RADIANT---a beautiful new mother. She will be fantastic. Leland is just so cute and to have all my children around rallying and supporting each other is a joyous occasion. I am posting some photos of beautiful Lucy Diane Faux and a few video clips before I go to bed. It's nearly 11pm and Lucy will be 2 days old tomorrow. Can't wait to see her again. I am a grandmother for the first time. And all is right with the world!!



No comments: