Thursday, August 31, 2006

Addicted To Lucy


Kurt picked up his spanking new 2007 Lexus ES350 Ultra Edition silver sedan today. He called me from the car and was excited to tell me about its features. I simply could not get excited about it though. My is somewhere else. It's with Lucy. 


We get to go back up to Provo, Utah tomorrow and my mind is spinning about Lucy. I keep a list of things that I need to get for her and for Lee and Catherine that will make their new lives a little easier. Things to do: make a big pan of my famous lasagna, get some new sheets, mattress pads, groceries...hmmm....get them a Costco card, bring the Dyson, wash some baby blankets.... I just can't wait. I think I'm DEFINITELY addicted to Lucy.

ADDENDUM:


I just came back from a nice dinner at Todd's here in Green Valley. I had their gazpacho and I don't know why I keep on ordering this at fine restaurants expecting that it'll taste the same as the gazpacho I used to eat when I lived in Spain....then I get utterly disappointed. This gazpacho tasted like it either had some soda water....or it was just on the brink of fermentation. Yuck. I had the Ahi Tuna. It was ok. We took Jordan to dinner because tomorrow, he goes back to Provo to finish up his last year of college. I am going to miss him SORELY. It is sooo nice to have him. He is SO handy. But most of all, he is just nice to have around because he's just Jordan. I just love him so.

Things are going back to the usual here next week when 3 out of 4 of my kids are in BYU. I somehow was looking forward to it but then Lucy came and I just can't get her out of my mind and I just wonder about her and Lee and Catherine and how they are faring. I am sure they are doing very well---better than I did when I had my first baby. Then I start thinking about the rest of my kids....all day long. It's been hard to concentrate on my projects.

Anyway, I am very tired and I am using Kurt's PC with a yucky keyboard so it's not fun blogging. Hannah is using my Mac to do homework. Tomorrow, we drive up to Provo to drop off Jordan and then a quick turn around......can't wait to see Lucy.

No comments: