Friday, November 20, 2009


MOVIE NIGHT!

My brain is fried. I am sitting on my red leather couch and I am watching the above mindless, PG-13 (dubious...) horror-fest. I hope it's at least entertaining. Heard good things about it. Will post what I think later.

***********

Hmm.... Séð það og mun skrifa um það fljótlega. Það var gott.

So I just finished watching this movie. It wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I thought it would be a gory-fest full of hideous beasts and imagined demons with nary a plot. Not.

Instead it was a very clean, straight-forward movie about a likeable, ordinary pretty girl with a rich, preppy boyfriend and her unexpected tousle with a decrepit, somewhat gross Hungarian old woman who casts a horrible spell on her. It's actually very well-made with some nice comic relief from the witch herself as well as from the clean-cut boyfriend who keeps it all real. I did not feel any lingering, heavy after-taste. It was just quite an enjoyable movie if one has time to sit and just be entertained.

Update: I watched the above mentioned movie for the 2nd time with my daughters. I decided that obviously, this is not a movie that is for multiple watching pleasure. The 2nd time, it was stupid, formulaic and mindless with cheap...no, make that VERY cheap after-effects.

Next in my quest to get updated on the movie culture, I am watching Pixar's "UP". I think I will wait until my daughters come home for Thanksgiving to watch it for the first time.

I also got the Director's cut of Blade Runner so I'm excited to watch that over the holidays. There's a few other ones on my list.

This is really quite distressing that I haven't been up to date with my movies. I haven't even checked out the lastest from my favorite Korean genres. Or other foreign films for that matter. I am up to my nose in seminary paraphernalia.

I must repent.

4 comments:

J. Faux said...

Get ekki beðið eftir að heyra hvað þér finnst vegna þess að ég vil sjá þetta líka.

CFaux said...

Ok. Enn bíða eftir að sjá það. :)

CFaux said...

Update: Séð það og mun skrifa um það fljótlega. Það var gott.

Fletch said...

iendnvieol akljiena eiairidmc!