Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Co-winky-dinks

In case you were lost and don't quite know what co-winky-dink means, you must refer to a previous posting that refers to 'coincidences' here:

I was chatting with Rose about coincidences with names because Nate's mom is a "Kristi" and I'm a "Christie". Coincidence? Hmmm.... it would make for very interesting introductions for sure. But I am going to list a few more:

1. I've already mentioned that my husband, Kurt has an initial for a middle name that stands for absolutely nothing. So it would be natural that fate would have it that his wife (me) would have a name that starts with the letter "C" which is his middle initial. Now it can stand for something. Whoa.

2. I told Rose, whose first name is Elizabeth that there is, in fact, a name coincidence between her name and Jordan's. Here it is: Elizabeth is the name of the mother of John the Baptist. And where does he like to baptize? You got it: the river Jordan.

3. Well...Leland's name means "meadowlands". Conjures up visions of pure, virginal lands of green grass, lush vegetation and probably even a babbling brook of pure waters. Hmmm...yes, there may yet be a name coincidence here because "Catherine" which is Greek in origin, means 'pure' and 'virginal". Coincidence?

4. And here's something that I never even thought of: Natascha is apparently originally Italian. And it refers to 'Christ's birthday". We can, of course, have a name coincidence if we refer to the name "David". Who is an ancestor of Christ. : )

5. And lastly, Hannah and Nathan are both Hebrew and Biblical names. Are they even related? But of course! Coincidence does not end here! Hannah is the mother of Samuel who becomes a high priest. And Nathan later, takes his place. The name "Nathan" also means "a gift from God" and of course, "Hannah" is a 'favour from God" or 'grace'. Related? Coincidence?

I attended a luncheon last April 6 which became a...sort of preparation for what would lie ahead. Elder Bednar was our featured guest. And although I did promise that I wouldn't blog about his comments, this blog isn't about him. Anyway, he said that there is no such thing as a 'coincidence' as the hand of God is in all things. He also said that everything we have in our church is for the 'individual' and more importantly, 'families'. This is the basic unit of the heavens. Nothing is more important. No programs, no auxilliaries...all that we have is for the edifying of the individual and families. Little would I know that these concepts would shape many of the subsequent events. And knowing that there are no coincidences opened my eyes even wider to the miracles that surrounded us...none of which were coincidences but rather, manifestations that God is in control and managing every detail and putting things in their proper order according to our faith and obedience.

These are certainly fun coincidences that I listed. But....hmmm.....

I am having a grand moment here whilst passing time.





11 comments:

Natascha said...

I don't know how I feel about your fourth coincidence.

CFaux said...

Hmmm....it's awesome!!!

CFaux said...

Here's another: King David fell inlove with a woman named 'Sheba. And THAT rhymes with 'Tascha. Yahoooo!!!

Natascha said...

That doesn't rhyme at all!

CFaux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine Faux said...

It's interesting because I was thinking about this yesterday. When I interviewed at the BYU Bookstore (where Leland and I were to meet a year later) it didn't go very well. It was my first real interview and the man interviewing me wasn't really direct with his questioning. But, a counselor in my home bishopric (also a great friend) happened to head the department where I was to work. Coincidence? Thankfully no. Your friend, Dita, also worked there and played a role in Leland's hire. Maybe getting a job at Deseret Book was also a factor in this. Anyway, it all played out very nicely. When my mother died and I called into work to let them know I would be gone for a while, Leland answered the phone just like I desperately wanted him to. I wanted him to know without having to have this big discussion. Anyway, the list goes on and on. There really is a plan. It's cool to think about.

CFaux said...

Catherine---I'd love to hear about those co-winky-dinks!

CFaux said...

Tascha---it depends on how you pronounce both names!! "Sheba" and "Tascha" DO rhyme...if you rhyme only the last syllable!! It works!!!

J. Faux said...

Plus Natascha is the diminutive of the Russian Natalya, which is the Russian form of Natalie, which comes from the Latin name Natalia which means Christmas Day.

Not only is Christmas the birthday of some one important but we also celebrate Jesus's birthday on that day even if it isn't.

Jesus descended from David and David in Hebrew means beloved which is to say, the Beloved son whose birthday we celebrate on Natalia, or Christmas Day.

So really, Sheba and Tascha do rhyme.

Natascha said...

Yous guys are crazy.

CFaux said...

...like a Faux!