Wednesday, February 11, 2009


A RELATIVELY GOOD DAY

I did have a good day today. I had a great class with so much participation, I had to call on every hand raised and 'line them up' so they can all get a chance to ask or to comment. I just LOVED it. I love it when my students ask intelligent questions and make great comments. ANY comment. Every one was engaged in the topic. (Acts 10-11) After class four students who had NEVER tried to pass off their scripture mastery did so and passed. Two of them passed off 6 or 7 of them. What a gratifying time! I just love my students.

The topic we discussed was specifically, how after thousands of years of the priesthood being exclusive only to the Levites and then, after the diaspora, to the house of Judah, Peter receives a vision and revelation to preach to the "uncircumcised" or the gentiles. Whoa. Can anyone imagine how the disciples must have felt? I mean, after THOUSANDS of years of exclusivity, they must now pass on the priesthood to the gentiles??? And how for thousands of years, the Jews didn't have any dealings with gentiles...let alone allow them to hold callings in the church? Mind boggling. Anyway, I loved that for every salient point, there was a scripture reference to back up the doctrine or principle. And every time my students 'discovered' them, they were also astonished and awed. And interested. Engaged. I live for days like this in seminary.

In other news, I went to the gym again today. Had another session with my trainer, Vanessa, who truly works me to DEATH. I mean, a good death. I made my friend Stacy come with me. She did fantastic and I love it that she encourages me to do better. I wish she would just join the club and work out with me coz it's so much more fun to work out with a buddy.

Got a nice text from Kristy Camp who just dropped off Nate at the MTC this morning. I feel for her. I remember so well every moment when we dropped off Leland at the MTC. I did not cry because I told myself I wouldn't. But as soon as I got back to the car for the drive home, I was sobbing all the way back. The worse part of the MTC experience was when we were led out one door and then all the missionaries went out another. And that was that. I am so glad that's over and done.

I am feeling the pain of not seeing Lucy and Jack. It's been a month since I've seen them and I am just about fit to be tied. I can't wait until the 21st when I get to see them.

I was navigating around the lds.org site and spotted a link for senior missionaries. Found a pdf file that stipulates what the missionary dress requirements are. The photo above tells it all. YIKES. DOUBLE YIKES. I'll be darned if I look like that. And then it occurred to me that there are actually senior missionaries YOUNGER than me who look that way. $(*%_&*@*)(*!!! Does this mean I no longer want to go on a mission??? (One other rule: no patterned stockings---what? I wear fishnets for Pete's sake!! And to seminary even!) What about my cute boots? My RED suede booties that I wear with black fishnets? My 3 inch Calvin Kleins?? I'll have to think about these things tomorrow because I can't bear to think about them right now. What a heathen!

Oh. And what about my red streaks on my hair? My purple eye shadow? False lashes that I wear EVERY day? Missionaryish?

Anyhoo, I better git.




2 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

I think you should get the outfit with the blue jacket. Don't you think it's so cool?!?

CFaux said...

Tee hee hee!!! I know! That blue jacket is SO cool. Do you think I can get one at my local DI or Salvation Army store???? Hahahahaha!!!