Friday, May 18, 2007

HATE MAIL

I received a truly disturbing email response/comment today from someone from Rupert or Burley, Idaho who among other judgments and accusations, started out his histrionics with: I am fairly certain your pride will not allow you to make this reply visible to those for whom you put on a face of wealth, erudition, and self righteousness, but perhaps you can be edified by reading it nonetheless. Is that the height of sainthood or what?

He then proceeded to preach to me about pride, conceit, self-centeredness...etc etc etc and quoted many, many scriptures and words from prophets and general authorities. It was hell, fire and damnation at its solid best. Should I have posted his comments? Am I nuts? What scared me to death is that he mentioned my first name (spelled wrong of course...) which brings me to careful conclusion that this fanatic knows me or knows someone who knows me. I mean, if I had somehow written my name somewhere, I know I'd have spelled it right. There are other clues that point to this most probable conclusion. It was very obvious that he was not responding to any of my blogs and instead was responding to something else outside my blog. Perhaps his own heavy baggage. No, make that VERY heavy baggage. Curious.

The thing is, the tone of the email had so much disdain and strong emotion against me that I don't know if I am dealing with a nut who might have a gun. (I mean, Idaho....) And the fanatic undertones are quite disturbing. It was obvious that it was personal. And I have no idea why. He was so affected by whatever it is that he thinks he read or perhaps by some outside influence that he even started his own blog shortly after reading my site. He spent time on my site on two occasions at least, spending at least an hour everytime. His blog contained pretty much the same vitriol as his email. That's a whole lot of time to spend on just me. I should be flattered but I feel like I need to freak out now. Or hurl. I know there's a chance that he may be reading this and if you are, please do not contact me again because none of your words were "edifying" and I do not respond well to sanctimonious insults and self-righteous preachings. Who does? He also claims to be Mormon...yikes! I hope that's not so! This type of heavy handed pontification is what gives Mormonism a bad reputation.

I do "see" him on my tracker and I can "see" what pages he clicks in and out of. (Wooops...a dangling participle!) And for sure, he is spending time reading and wandering around my blogsite... at one instance my tracker showed him spending some time in my site at around 4:00 in the morning. Obsessed? I smell an agenda. And it is rank with venom. Pity.

In any case, this 'troubled soul' needs to lighten up and mind his own business. Whatever agenda you may have, your efforts and time will be better served concentrating on your own affairs and delving into someone's life especially when you know nothing about it is utterly judgmental, one-sided and unfair. If you are doing this in behalf of someone who may know me, be smart enough to realize that you know nothing about me . . . other than the one side you hear with all its colors, prejudices and obviously, rancor. And if you have a shred of decency, you should feel some measure of remorse for being so quick to judge...and preach.

In any case, go ahead and read my blogs. You may learn that you have sorely misjudged me. Shame on you. But then again, your choice of a handle (Baal) is so apropo. Baal: the name of a Judeo-Christian demon. 'Nuff said.

-------

Latest note:

Found out that the hater's email extension is the same as the relatives in Idaho and from the information from my tracker, I was able to infer many more interesting details regarding this persons's identity. Knowing this, I no longer have any curiosity to find out who exactly this person is because....well, it's obvious.






No comments: