Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A True Halloween Story


So I've been asked on numerous occasions about my uncanny ability to sense things. Last night, I was reminded of an experience that I had with Kurt's grandmother. Here's what happened:


We were living in Wymount Terrace in Provo, Utah while Kurt was going to law school at BYU. Our apartment was a very small 2 bedroom apartment. (Did I say very small? It was teeny...)



One night...in the middle of the night, I was restless and could not sleep. So I quietly got up and walked to the living room to watch television. I did not turn on the lights because I did not want to rouse Kurt and the boys who were all in deep slumber. At around 2:30 in the morning, I sensed something in the air. It's very hard to describe the feeling but it would seem like I was dreaming but I was perfectly aware of everything that was going on...in fact, I sat up. Then I sensed the presence of several 'persons' in the room. My heart started pounding and I was scared. So I said out loud;



"Should I be afraid of you guys?"



I 'heard' a response but only in my head.



"No."



So I started to get curious.



"Are you good spirits? Because I don't feel very warm and fuzzy right now."



I 'heard' this response:



"We are unfamiliar to you. But not to your sons."



Then I understood. They were all related to Kurt and my sons but not to me. They were generations of ancestors from the Faux line. At that instance, I sensed the presence of more spirits filing in and walking pass the couch where I was sitting. I was impressed that they were all looking in to Kurt and then to the boys' room and then disappearing from there. All they did was look at Kurt and the boys as if wanting to see them for the first time. I could sense the file of many spirits passing by. It lasted close to an hour. I basically just sat up and 'watched' as this happened. None of them deviated from just filing in, walking pass me and then looking in at the boys and at Kurt. Towards around 3:30 am, the number of spirits began to trickle until the last one passed. My anxiety level began to wane about that time and then, everything was silent and I felt alone again. I sat for a time and then returned to my bedroom and fell asleep.



At about 7:30am, the phone rang. I roused Kurt and told him to pick up the phone because "grandma just died". I said this half-asleep and Kurt jumped out of bed and picked up the phone. It was indeed true. Grandma, Ila Faux, passed that morning, if I remember right, at around 3:30am. After he hung up the phone, he asked me how I knew. I began to tell him what happen just a few hours ago.

I've had other similar experiences. I had a fantastic experience with my father on one occasion.

But that's another story for another time.



No comments: